Kelley Rider Goodwin
Managing Partner and Owner
Throughout her career, our founding attorney, Kelley Rider Goodwin, has been dedicated to advocating for individuals encountering some of life's greatest challenges. She is a firm believer that no individual should ever have to confront a legal crisis on their own and has made it the mission of our firm to deliver unwavering support to our clients.
Kelley began her career at Colorado Legal Services in December 2009, providing legal assistance to low-income Coloradans. There, she worked in the Consumer Unit and helped individuals with Chapter 7 Bankruptcies as well as providing representation for foreclosure defense or mortgage modifications. Continuing her passion for serving others, she also volunteered her time assisting individuals in filing and completing no-contest divorce, custody, and other family law cases throughout the Denver Metro counties.
In June 2010, she transferred to the Family and Children's Unit, exclusively practicing Family Law in the 6 counties around the Denver Metro area. Realizing that providing compassionate and skilled guidance in the field of family law was indeed her calling, she left Colorado Legal Services in December of 2014 and established her own sole law firm, Rider Goodwin Law Offices LLC.
Attorney Rider Goodwin graduated from Auburn University in 2005 with two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Political Science and Criminology, as well as a minor in Africana Studies. She then attended the Sturm College of Law at the University of Denver, class of 2009, and was admitted to practice law in Colorado in October 2009 and Illinois in May 2010.
- 2017 Recipient of the Gary McPherson Young Lawyer of the Year from the Young Lawyers Division of the Colorado Bar Association
- 2017 Colorado Coalition to Against Domestic Violence Purple Ribbon Community Ally Award of the in the Work to End Domestic Violence
- Rising Young Attorney, 2017
- 2017 VIP Woman of the Year Circle Recipient, National Association of Professional Women
Recent and Upcoming Presentations:
- Presenter at the Annual Family Law Institute, August 2017
- Presenter at the Annual Alternative Dispute Resolution Conference, 2017
- Co-Presenter for Remax Real Estate Presentation entitled “Divorcee Real Estate: Understanding the Divorced Client”, August 2017
- Presenter at the Annual Training for Civil Protection Orders
Volunteer and Advocacy Work:
- 1st Judicial Access to Justice
- Adams County Domestic Violence Task Force
- Metro Volunteer Lawyer
- Family Tree
- Women in Crisis
- Project Safeguard