What Are the Warning Signs of Domestic Violence?
It is important to know the warning signs of abuse in a friend, family member, etc. and this includes the more subtle signs. Domestic violence can occur in any relationship and sometimes goes overlooked. Domestic violence manifests itself in many forms and no two relationships will ever be the same. However, there are some common warning signs of abuse...
- Sudden change in appearance
- Avoiding contact with all family and friends
- Spends all of their time with their abuser
- Sudden change in behavior
- Defends abusers actions
- Sudden and drastic mood swings
- Consistent jealousy
- Cruelty to animals and/or children
- History of battering
- Places blame on others
- Always checking in
Read more about warning signs and how you can help victims here!