Helping a Family Who Has Lost This Holiday Season
The holidays are a joyful time. But for grieving moms, this season is also ripe with pain. Know someone who has recently suffered a miscarriage or stillbirth? Here is how you can help support her throughout the holiday season:
- Be extra mindful of what you say.
- Don't be offended if she needs to skip your traditional holiday parties.
- Check in on her, ask her how she and her family are doing, and what you can do to support her and her family!
- Take the hint if she doesn't want to talk.
- Not sure? Just ask. Be sure to remind her you'd love to see her, or have her be involved, but you totally understand if she'd prefer to skip some of the traditional trappings of the holidays. And try suggesting an alternative that feels less overwhelming.
Read the rest of the article here!